Are you ready for some hair-related fun facts?
Because you don’t want to be the party life or the person everyone talks to at the water cooler. You know a lot of cool information.
You also know that there is nothing better than a huge list of cool things you didn’t know.
Grab a cup of coffee and sit down to enjoy these fun facts about hair and best hair growth products!
1. On average, a person has between 100,000 to 150,000 hair strands.
2. Blondes have hair that is naturally blonder than any other color. The top-ranked Towheads have 150,000 hairs. Brunettes have 100,000, while redheads have about 90,000.
3. The fastest-growing tissue in the body is hair. Bone marrow is the only thing that can grow faster.
4. A single hair strand can have a thickness between.016 and.05mm.
5. Each person sheds 40 to 150 hair a day.
6. Temporary hair loss can be caused by crash dieting.
7. Keratin is what makes hair, just like skin and fingernails. Keratin is also found in horns, hooves and claws as well as feathers, feathers.
8. Hair grows faster in men than it does for women.
9. On the average adult’s scalp, 35 meters of hair fiber are produced each day.
10. The average person will grow 590 miles of hair in their lifetime.
11. At any one time, 90% of your hair is growing and 10% are resting.
12. 40 percent of women experience female-pattern hair loss when they reach menopause.
13. Half of all men will experience male pattern baldness before the age 50.
14. To make it obvious that you are balding you must lose at least 50% of your hair.
15. Hair loss can be a side effect of many medications.
16. Hair loss can also be caused by iron deficiency and thyroid imbalance.
17. The average human baby is born with approximately five million hair follicles. There are no ways to increase this number.
18. This corresponds to approximately 1000 active hair follicles for every square centimeter. As you get older, this number decreases.
19. These hair follicles formed five months ago in the womb.
20. The aging process or stress can cause hair to turn grey.
21. A single strand can support 3 ounces of weight.
22 A full head of hair can support 12 tons… that’s the equivalent of two elephants.
23. Hair grows on average between.3 and.5mm per day,.25cm or 0.5in per month, and 15cm or 6in per year.
24. As you get older, the length of your hair’s growing phase decreases.
25. 30% of hair’s weight can be absorbed in water.
26. Healthy hair has a cuticle that is flat, but damaged hair has a more open cuticle.
27. This layer is home to melanin.
28. Fine hair does not usually have this layer.
29. Cysteine is the main amino acid that gives hair its shape.
30 Blowing dry your hair alters the structure of your hair’s hydrogen bonds. Hydrogen bonds are also affected by water, so straight hair will not last in humid environments.
31. African hair is slower growing and more fragile than European hair.
32. Africans and Europeans are more likely to go bald than Asians.
33. Asian hair is nearly always straight and dark brown.
34. Shampoo is derived from champna in Hindi, which means “to knead”.
35. After giving birth, women often lose more hair. This is because their hormones return to normal.
36. It takes approximately seven years to grow hair to your waist, and three years to reach your shoulders.
37. You can only get rid of split ends by cutting them off. They cannot be repaired completely.
38. Your hair has a tensile strength similar to steel. It breaks only when it is stretched to 1.5 times its length.
39. The strength of wet hair can be even greater and can reach 70% of its original length.
40. A 16th-century doctor said that you can restore hair using boiled slugs and olive oil on the scalp.
41 Hair grows faster when there is sex to be had.
42. Trichotillomania, a compulsive disorder of hair-pulling, is also known as Trichotillomania. It typically affects hair, eyebrows, and/or eyelashes. It is more common in women, and often stress-related.
43. Under a microscope, different hair textures have different cross-section shapes. Straight hair is generally round while curly hair is oval.
44. Drene introduced the first commercial shampoo in the 1930s. Prior to that, soap-type detergents had been used.
45 The summer is when hair grows fastest, between 16 and 24 years of age.
46 Higher levels of carbon are found in dark hair than light hair.
47. The hypertrichosis is believed to be the cause of the werewolf legend. This abnormality causes excessive body hair and facial hair to grow where it isn’t supposed to.
48 The growth stage of hair takes between 2-7 years.
49. A small amount of hair can be examined by scientists to determine what you eat or drink, and the environment in which you live.
50. Hair is more durable than a copper cable with the same diameter.